华人澳洲中文论坛

热图推荐

一些很中国式的古董谚语

[复制链接]

2021-5-16 13:59:05 355 3

Don’t part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.Mark Twain 不要保持你的空想。当空想没有了当前,你还能够生存,然而你虽生犹死。
    Man errs so long as strives.Johann Wolfgang Goethe,German poet and dramatist 人只有斗争就会出错误。
    Where there is a will, there is a way.Thomas Edison 有志者,事竟成。
    Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.Helen Keller 要使性情有所开展并不是简略之事,只要经过艰巨和困苦的磨练能力使心灵强化,视野宽阔,雄心振奋,从而达到胜利的目的。
    Virtue is bold, and goodness never fearful.William Shakespeare 美德是怯懦的,仁慈历来临危不惧。
    Histories make men wise; poems witty; the mathematics subtle; natural philosophy deep; moral grave; logic and rhetoric able to contend.Francis Bacon 历史令人理智;诗词令人灵秀;数学令人周到;天然哲学令人深邃;伦理令人严肃;逻辑修辞学令人善辩。
    Never too old to learn.Thomas Middleton, British writer 活到老学到老。
    The more you study, the more you will find yourself ignorant.Rene Descartes, French philosopher/mathematician 学,而后知缺乏。
    All happy families are like one another; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.Leo Tolstoy, Russian writer 一切幸福的家庭都非常类似;而每个可怜的家庭各有自可怜。
    Experience is the father of wisdom and memory the mother.Charles BernardFrench philosopher 教训是智慧之父,记忆是智慧之母。
    Knowledge is power.Francis Bacon 常识就是气力。
    Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him.Aldous Leonard HuxleyAmerican writer 教训不会从天降;教训只要经过理论能力获取。
    I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.Voltaire, French writer 我不赞成你说的话,然而我违心誓死保卫你谈话的权益。
    Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth.Aristotle, Ancient Greek philosopher 吾爱吾师,吾更爱真谛。
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.Albert Einstein 想象力比常识更加首要。
    Do not, for one repulse, give up the purpose that you resolved to effect.William Shakespeare 不要只因一次失败,就保持你原来信心想达到的目的。
    I want to bring out the secrets of nature and apply them for the happiness of man. I don’t know of any better service to offer for the short time we are in the world.Thomas Edison 我想暴-露大天然的机密,用来造福人类。以为,在咱们的长久终身中,最佳的奉献莫过于此了。
    It is at our mother’s knee that we acquire our noblest and truest and highest ideals, but there is seldom any money in them.Mark Twain 就是在咱们母亲的膝上,咱们获取了咱们的最崇高、最真挚和最弘远的现实,然而外面很少有任何金钱。
    The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully have been kindness, beauty and truth.Albert Einstein 有些现实曾为我引过路途,其实不断给我新的勇气以怅然面对人生,那些现实就是—真、善、美。
    The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.Franklin Roosevelt 完成今天现实的独一障碍是明天的疑虑。
    If you have great talents, industry will improve them; if you have but moderate abilities, industry will supply their deficiency.Joshuas Reynolds, American female essayist 假如你颇有禀赋,勤恳会使其更为完美;假如你才能个别,勤恳会补足其缺点。
    My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.John Kennedy 美国同胞们,不要问国度能为你们做些甚么,而要问你们能为国度做些甚么。全世界的公民们,不要问美国将为你们做些甚么,而要问咱们独特能为人类的自在做些甚么。
    Achievement provides the only real pleasure in life.Thomas Edison 有所成绩是人生独一的真实的乐趣。
    Success covers a multitude of blunders.George Bernard Shaw 胜利由少量的失误铸成。
    You have to believe in yourself. That’s the secret of success.Charles Chaplin 人必需置信本人,这是胜利的秘诀。
    A light heart lives long.William Shakespeare 豁达者短命。
    Bitter pills may have blessed effects.Anonymous 忠言逆耳利于病。
    Diseases of the soul are more dangerous than those of the body. M.T. Cicero,Ancient Roman orator and statesman 心灵上的疾病比身材上的疾病更风险。
    The first wealth is health.Ralph Waldo Emerson, American thinker 安康是人生第一财产。
    All the splendor in the world is not worth a good friend.Voltaire, French thinker 人人间一切的荣华贫贱不如一个好敌人。
    Beggars do not envy millionaires, though of course they will envy other beggars who are more successful.Bertrand Russell 乞丐其实不艳羡百万富翁,只管他们一定会艳羡比他们乞讨很多的乞丐。
    It is good to have money to buy things that money can buy, but it is better not to lose things money cannot buy.George H Lorimer, American journalist 有钱去买能买失掉的货色固然不错,然而不丧失用金钱买不到的货色更好。
    Money is a good servant and a bad master.Francis Bacon 金钱是善仆,也是恶主。
    No country, however rich, can afford the waste of its human resources.Frankin Roosevelt 任何一个国度,不论它如许富有,都挥霍不起人力资源。
    A contented mind is the greatest blessing a man enjoy in this world.Joseph Addison, American writer 满足是人生在世最大的幸事。
    The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.Vitor Hugo 糊口中最大的幸福是深信有人爱咱们。
    Do you love life? Then do not squander time; for that’s the stuff life is made of.Benjamin Franklin 你酷爱生命吗?那末,别挥霍时间,由于生命是由时间组成的。
    Never leave that until tomorrow, which you can do today. Benjamin Franklin 明天的事不要拖到今天。
    The time of life is short, to spend that shortness basely, it would be too long.William Shakespeare 人生苦短,若虚度年华,则长久的人生就过长了。
    To choose time is to save time. Francis Bacon 公道支配时间是勤俭时间。
    Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you give it to others.William A. White, American journalist 自在就是这样的货色,不给予他人,你本人也无奈失掉。
    Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth. George Washington 自在一旦生根,即是株迅猛成长的动物。
    Smokers and nonsmokers cannot be equally free in the same railway carriage.George Bernard Shaw 抽烟者和不抽烟者在同一节车箱里无奈享用一样的自在。
    A good laugh is sunshine in a house.William Makepeace Thackeray,British novelist 使人欢快的欢笑是房间里的阳光。
    He that travels far knows much.John Ray, British scientist 远行者见闻多。
    I never consider ease and joyfulness as the purpose of life itself.Albert Einstein 我历来不以为闲适和欢喜就是糊口自身的目的。
    In almost every face and every person, they may discover fine feathers and defects, good and bad qualities. Benjamin Franklin 人各有其面,有优缺陷,有长长处。
    The principal thing in this world is to keep one’s soul aloft. Flaubert 人生在世重要小事是放弃灵魂的崇高。
    Cultivation to the mind is as necessary as food for the body.Cicero, Ancient Roman statesman and orator 学习关于脑子,犹如食品关于身材同样不成短少。
    My philosophy of life is work.Thomas Alva Edison 我的人生哲学就是任务。
    Work banishes those three great evils: boredom, vice, and poverty.Voltaire, French philosopher 任务撵跑三个魔鬼:无聊,腐化和贫穷。
    A friend is, as it were, a second self.Cicero 能够说,敌人是另外一个自我。
    Friendship is an essential ingredient in the making of a healthful, rewarding life. Ralph Waldo EmersonAmerican thinker 友情是令人的终身安康而无意义所不成短少的组成部份。
    Friendship is both a source of pleasure and a component of good health.Ralph Waldo Emerson 友情既是高兴之源泉,又是安康之因素。
    Mistakes are an essential part of education.Bertrand Russell, British philosopher 从过错中汲取经验是教育极其首要的一部份。
    Initiative is doing the right thing without being told.Elbert Hubbard, American writer 被动性是指在没有人告知你的状况上来做适合的事件。
    Strong reasons make strong actions.William Shakespeare 强无力的理由发生强无力的行为。
    There is no time like the present.Tobias George SmallettBritish novelist 时不待我,没有比当初更贵重的了。
    Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.Hellen Keller, American writer 虽然世界多苦难,然而苦难老是能克服的。
    To be proud of learning is the greatest ignorance.Jereny Taylor, American composer 以学问自负是最大的无知。
    A friendship founded on business is better than business founded on friendship.John D. Rockerfeller, American businessman 建设在商务根底上的友情胜过建设在友情根底上的商务。
    No society can make a perpetual constitution, or even a perpetual law.Thomas Jefferson, American president 没有哪一个社会能够制定一部永久合用的宪法,乃至一条永久合用的法律。
    A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops. H. B. Adams, American historian 老师的影响是永恒的;无奈估量他的影响会有多深远。
    Education is a progressive discovery of our ignorance. Durant, American historian 教育是一个逐渐发现本人无知的进程。
    Example is always more efficacious than precept.Samuel Johnson British writer and critic 言教胜于身教。

全部回复3

right 发表于 2021-5-16 13:51:04

right 沙发

2021-5-16 13:51:04

哈哈,第一次坐你的沙发!
    sunwww 发表于 2021-5-16 13:54:27

sunwww 板凳

2021-5-16 13:54:27

坐得舒服?哈哈。去你的pizza店看了尝了很不错。祝贺。。。。。。
    一叶知秋 发表于 2021-5-16 13:59:05

一叶知秋 地板

2021-5-16 13:59:05